You can only purchase Irrigated Pasture cards from the bank immediately BEFORE it is your turn to throw the dice. You must have already paid for 5 improved pasture cards, before you can irrigate your pastures. Each of the five paddocks costs $1,500 to improve.
You can irrigate any number of paddocks (from 1 to 5). It is not essential to have stock on the paddocks when you irrigate them.
- The blue paddocks on the playing board represent the same orange (natural pasture) and green (improved paddock) after it has been irrigated.
- When you irrigate a paddock you can no longer use the corresponding green paddock.
- You can put 6 pens of sheep on each irrigated paddock. (1 more than on the improved pasture)
- You can't purchase irrigated property cards when you are in drought
- You can't purchase irrigated pastures in the same turn that you purchase improved property cards (You must have already improved all your paddocks before you can irrigate).
- Remember - You always have five paddocks in total to your property. Never any more or any less than 5 paddocks.