You can only purchase Improved Pasture cards from the bank immediately BEFORE it is your turn to throw the dice. Each of the five paddocks costs $500 to improve. You can "Improve" any number of paddocks (from 1 to 5). It is not essential to have stock on the paddocks when you improve them.More information:
- You ALWAYS have FIVE PADDOCKS in total to your property. Never any more or any less than 5 paddocks.
- The green paddocks on the playing board represent the same orange (natural pasture) paddock after it has been improved.
- When you improve a paddock you can no longer use the corresponding orange paddock.
- You can put 5 pens of sheep on each improved paddock (2 more than on the natural pasture).
- You can't purchase Improved Property cards when you are in drought.