Bore Dries Up
What To Do:
This square only affects Irrigated Pastures (blue paddocks). It does not affect Natural Pastures (orange paddocks) and Improved Pastures (green paddocks). When you land on this square, if you have sheep on Irrigated Pastures you must sell half of them to the bank. (If an odd number of pens calculate to the next highest number)
- If you do not have a haystack the bank will pay you $300 per pen.
- If you do own a haystack, the bank pays $500 per pen, and the haystack is returned to the bank.
- The duration of the "bore dries up" is for a complete circuit of the board. Place a "Drought Marker" disc the same colour as the player's token to mark the start of "bore dries up".
While you are affected by "Bore Dries Up":
- You can't buy Irrigated pasture.
- You can sell sheep from irrigated pasture (if you land on a stocksale) but you only get half normal price.
- You can buy Stud Rams, for normal price.
- You can buy a haystack: price is $1,000 (even if you have some improved pasture as well as irrigated pasture.)
- Local rain breaks "bore dries up".
- Landing on Flood Damage does not break "bore dries up".
- You do not have to return haystack if you don't own any sheep when you land on "bore dries up".
- If you land on "bore dries up" while you are already affected by "bore dries up", your drought is extended but you do not need to sell more sheep or return your haystack if you have bought another one.
What happens if I own improved pasture and irrigated pasture at the same time?
- You can buy sheep on "Improved" pasture (unless you are also in drought when you land on "bore dries up")
- You can buy and sell sheep from Irrigated pasture, if you owned the Irrigated pasture before the drought. However, a haystack still costs $1,000.
What happens if I own improved pasture and irrigated pasture at the same time and I am already in drought when I land on "bore dries up"?
- This means you are having a really bad day. If you land on "bore dries up" while you are already affected by drought then irrigated pastures and improved pastures are all affected by the drought until you complete a circuit; use the drought marker. You do not need to sell more sheep or return your haystack in this case.